Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Week 5, Day 1. . . shut up and get me some ice!

Okay, not really. By the time I walked out the last mile (give or take) of the workout, I was about done limping. But geez. My body did NOT want to do this today. It let me know that in no uncertain terms as soon as I started running. I told it to shut up. We WERE doing this. And we did. We didn't do it particularly well, lol, but we did it. I've heard it said that in running, you have good days and bad days, and that makes sense, as in life, you have good days and bad days. Today was a bad day. I'm not certain what the deciding factor was. My eating habits haven't been the best over the last few days, and I took 2 days off in a row when my gut said not to this time. I may not have been hydrated well enough. But I'm going to take my chances here, and blame it on PMS. As much as I hate using that particular crutch, I think it at least played a part. I was barely moving at all through the second interval; picked it up some for the last by telling myself it was the last one, and once I was finished with it, I was finished, at least with the running (if you can call it that, lol). I'm not sure even my super-supportive DM buds could call what I do running, if they'd actually seen it. :-) But. . . I'm doing it. And that is a step in the right direction. Sometimes it's a tiny, limping step. . . but it's in the right direction. Someone asked here a while back on DM what's your mantra? The focus phrase that gets you through a tough workout. I didn't have a clue at the time, but (no laughing, please) the one that got me through my last 5 today was: "You're a runner. You can do this!" Ridiculous doesn't count, as long as it works. And when I complete my 20-min run at the end of this week, I'll be mentally giving a certain coach the finger. (Is that wrong? Probably. Do I care? Probably not.)

No comments:

Post a Comment