Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Inside Again!

Well, stuck running inside on a beautiful spring day once again. :-( Still, finally completed w3d3, and there's something to be said for that. Tried reading on the Kindle while I ran, but I'm not sure how well that's going to work out. I can't reach the buttons to turn the pages particularly well, which gets rather awkward, but it is a nice distraction. Today's run was actually the most difficult of Week 3 for me, which is unusual. Maybe it's b/c the pace on my walk breaks felt faster, making recovery more difficult, but I can't confirm this with a broken display. Or it could be due to failure to fuel and hydrate properly today. A breakfast of 6 mini Cadbury creme eggs does not make a good breakfast, and I hadn't been drinking my water right, either. Tried a new recipe for dinner tonight--sweet potato-lentil chili. The kids were not impressed. When are they ever? ~sigh~ The grown-ups approved, however, which means it'll probably keep coming back. It'll at least make a reappearance as leftovers, since the recipe makes WAY more than it says it does! It's supposed to make 8 half-cup servings. Since I feed a crowd (with healthy appetites, usually), I doubled the recipe. The leftovers filled my 4 (or is it 6?) quart slow cooker insert! Loaves and fishes, anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment