Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Out With the Old; In With the New


Shoes, that is. :) My new running shoes arrived today, and although I tried them on and took them on a brief test flight, I am anxious for tomorrow, when I can try them out in a "real" workout. But, for today, my calves are still tight and sore, so I'm respecting my scheduled rest day. Perhaps I'm respecting it a tad too much, as my eating plan is falling apart. I had a friend over this morning, and his idea of breakfast is fried eggs and bacon. Luckily, I was able to shove most of my share off on the baby who, I tell myself, needs the fat for brain development, lol. Half a cup of oatmeal with blackberry fruit spread rounded off my breakfast. But. . . . I have fallen victim to a box of "new" snack cakes and homemade cookies gifted to me by a neighbor and very dear friend. She brought them for the children, who are NOT doing their part! Meanwhile, they have been sitting beside my computer and gradually disappearing. At any rate, I'm off to give my aunt a lift into town for garden supplies, and probably to round my lousy food day off with something quick (in other words, probably not good for me) for dinner. See you all tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment