Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

If at First You Don't Succeed

Try, try again. So the saying goes, anyway. Due to several factors, as well as general discouragement, my last attempt at becoming a runner was a dismal failure. So, with spring comes the season of renewal (WHY do we make New Year's resolutions in January, again?) and the spirit of a fresh start. Today was day 2 of week 1, c25k style. Overall, I am finding the beginning easier this time around, so it heartens me to know that perhaps I did not lose ALL the ground I gained (just most of it, lol). For now, most of my training will take place indoors on the treadmill that I've recently managed to fix, well enough anyhow, but I've already mapped a 5k out-and-back route for the day I'm able to take to the roads. However, being the single parent of 4 small children makes daily outdoor training an obstacle to the dream. I have dealt, over the past few days, with a number of aches and pains, but I must believe it will be worth it in the end. :) Once again, I am spending considerable time on Amazon, drooling over stability running shoes, and I think I have my pair picked out. Now I just have to scrape out the 50 bucks. Why must this be so expensive? And then, I realize, if I ever make it to my eventual dream of running the St. Jude's Marathon (Half would make me very happy) in TN, it will get far MORE expensive! But for now, baby steps. I can train for a 5k in my regular old tennis shoes, at least at first. I hope to be ready by fall, and I think I even have one picked out. :) Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment