Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Officially Not My Day

Today I'm reminded of a boy I went to school with, Adam Stluka. When we ordered our class rings Junior year, Adam was the anxious one. From the time we ordered the rings, almost everyday, he asked some variation of, "So, think our rings'll be in today?" Then, months later, when the rings finally arrived, the side of his was engraved "Stulma." He had to send it back, and wait for another one to be made with the right name. I told you that story to tell you this one. Nine days ago, I ordered my first pair of running shoes. Since then, I've been checking Amazon for the tracking info several times a day and checking the mail with the obsession of Spongebob Squarepants. Today, my much-anticipated new shoes arrived. And they don't fit. I have to send them back, wait for the refund, and order them again, a half-size larger this time. Then, I have to sit back and wait, and hope THOSE fit when they get here. ~sigh~ Anyone else wondering if perhaps God is trying to tell me something? Like, "Running's not for you. Move on." Or maybe He's trying to tell me to do something more responsible with that 50 bucks than buy a pair of shoes. Heaven knows, there's a whole laundry list of crap I need to spend money on. Oh, well. Maybe I'll figure it out later. Right now, I'm just a little bummed.

No comments:

Post a Comment